Genius Hour Blog Post #1

Hello my friends,

Being Mindful is something that I have been trying to implement into my daily routine for quite some time. Mindfulness is something that has been suggested to me by many to help me with my anxious mins and panic attacks. This week I focused on researching some ways that I could slowly begin implementing mindful practices into my day to day life. What I found was a lot of studies on the benefits of keeping a gratitude journal. I am not sure if it was a placebo effect or not but the nights I wrote down a list of what I  was grateful for I felt a sense of calm and relaxation. So I tried transferring this to when I was in an anxious situation , I would begin to list things that I was grateful for. The physical act of writing out what I am grateful for turned out to be quite therapeutic for me!



1. Have a journal that is specifically for recording your gratitudes!
I found actually having to step away from my phone or computer to record my gratitude for the day as a nice break from technology.

2. The more you do it the easier it becomes!

3. Don't force yourself to do it.
Anything that is forced never reaps the same results, there has to be some motivation behind it, if one night you can't think of anything you are grateful for , that is okay. Studies on gratitude journals actually found that those who only journaled 2-3 days a week showed more of an increase in wellbeing than those who journaled daily.
Click this link below to check out that article!

Check out this article on Gratitude!

Comments

  1. You chose a vulnerable topic, good for you! I really enjoyed your mindfulness trailer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment