Genuis Hour Blog #2


I'm back... and not going to lie the genius hour is not going as well as I had intended. Keeping a gratitude journal was not very challenging to implement, but this week when trying to implement more complex and time consuming mindfulness practice into my daily routine was difficult. I had trouble setting aside time to sit and do a guided meditation. What I really found interesting about this is how I had such a hard time making time for these guided meditations that only take up such a small portion of my day and could be beneficial to me. I think routine is a big part of it, I also think my inability to sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time contributes to this. I thought that this portion of my genius hour may have been difficult, I am an avid gym goer , and I have tried a few yoga classes and for me slow pace movements and stretches are just not for me , I am more of a high intensity person I need to constantly be moving.

So instead of researching different guided meditations and their benefits, this week I looked at several articles about "meditating for people who just can't sit still"!!!

One thing that the article suggested was that you could do mindful runs, or walks. I do enjoy going for runs and walking my dog, and I have experienced the 'runners high' but I did not ever think to associate that with mindfulness. I think in my mind I have this pre constructed notion as to what mindfullness has to look like, and the more I research the more I realize that is not the case.
This google coggle displays some of the many ways I have been trying to be more mindful in my everyday life!



This Ted Talk below has a very nice message about staying present in the moment!


Comments

  1. I can relate to your connection where you explain how being mindful all the time involves you having to remain present. This can be very challenging for many people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment